Vous êtes ici
Prix Tourisme Durable
Skål International is proud to announce the call for submissions to the 2017 Sustainable Tourism Awards.
DEADLINE: 30 JUNE 2017
Skål International is an Affiliate Member of the UNWTO whose mission is to promote the development of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism. We have adopted the UNWTO Global Code of Ethics in Tourism, and also support the ST-EP initiative (Sustainable Tourism-Eliminating Poverty). Skål is affiliated to other important international organisations such as IIPT, The Code, ECPAT, ICTP, STI.
Following the United Nations declaration of 2002 as the Year of Ecotourism and the Mountains, Skål International launched these Awards in the same year, to highlight and acknowledge best practices around the globe. As an international organisation of tourism industry leaders, Skål International is a powerful force in the travel and tourism industry to initiate change and encourage the conservation of the environment in order to promote tourism and travel.
Now in its 16th year, the Sustainable Tourism Awards, while highlighting best practices in tourism around the world, also serve the purpose of acquainting the world with this new concept that puts emphasis on the importance of the interaction of the physical, cultural and social environment, the traveller's responsibility and the need for active community participation for Sustainability.
Any company from the public and private sector, NGOs and government agencies worldwide are welcome to submit an entry in one of the nine available categories:
- Tour Operators
- Urban Accommodation
- Rural Accommodation
- Countryside and Wildlife
- Community and Government Projects
- Major Tourist Attractions
- Educational Institutions/Programmes and Media
Why should you enter these Awards?
- To enhance visibility and get recognition of your outstanding performance in terms of sustainable and responsible tourism.
- To increase your contacts and introduce your products and services to professionals from the tourism industry from all over the world.
- To obtain media coverage among the entire Skål membership worldwide and our international press contacts.
- To personally collect the award during the Opening Ceremony of the 78th Skål World Congress on 6 October 2017 in Hyderabad, India.
- To experience the membership of Skål at first hand.
The deadline to submit applications online is 30 June 2017 at 23:59 CET. There are no entry fees.